Thursday, September 22, 2011

Anything Shy of Chaos Is Just Boring

When I was little I watched tv shows and movies about heroes and villains. I would always root for the good guy, it never failed. I would wonder why I hated the bad guy so much, he or she is a person too with feelings and emotions. Yes, some of those feelings and emotions probably resembled something like hate and intended malice but there had to be a reason for it. Maybe they had abusive parents or experienced a series of traumatic events while growing up. I feel bad for the villain, I did when I was little and I do today. I've experienced what it feels like to be friends with a villain, who's main objective is to negatively effect one life at a time, ultimately resulting in a world full of Nancys. Maybe I'm giving too much credit, maybe some villains are just evil because they enjoy it, maybe it's a reason to get out of bed in the morning, or maybe anything shy of chaos is just boring.

No comments: