Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Friends

           You have faith in these people, you trust that there is respect for your friendship and that they wouldn't do anything to intentionally hurt you. You believe them when they say "I care," you believe that they wouldnt steer you in wrong directions... so you value their opinion. You count on them to be there for you, it doesn't have to be physically, it doesn't even have to be on your time, the only thing you expect is a response... eventually. This is what friendship means to me, now I may have a warped sense of thinking, I know I may even have the tendency to swim in my thoughts and make Hollywood budget movies out of the most generic of situations but I can honestly say that some of my "friends" don't share these same principles and even then, I find myself putting them before me. That might make me a real friend or a complete idiot but one can only endure the tribulations that come along with having someone who doesn't share this same idea in your life. Eventually it gets to the point where they become so invaluable and so oblivious to how you feel about them it doesn't matter anymore. Over time friends have come and gone and some friends have been around for years. Some of us have grown apart, connected by vague and awkward emails. Some of us have grown together, connected by like minded ideas and a passion to continue growing together. I've had the privilege of getting to know a number of amazing people this past year who I can honestly call my friends and I have also lost respect for others. The one thing I've learned after going through this process is that you can't burn a bridge that doesn't exist anymore. To my friends reading this, I love you and thank you for being a key part of my life.  


(This post is kind of perfect to me for a number of reasons, it may not be evident and it may not be clear but thanks for humoring me <3)

No comments: